Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Version 11 and 13

I am currently working on the details for version 13 of the Fiverino...


I have marked the major reason for the revision.  As you can see, I have moved the reset button to the bottom left corner where it should be accessible... even with a shield installed.  I was having trouble reaching it in the last build (Version 11) and is probably my only problem with the board.


  • I was able to remove one jumper and minimize the lengths of the remaining ones.  There were also all made horizontal to keep the build clean.  
  • I did lose the Pin 13 LED all together and will have to clean up the schematic.  It just seemed excessive and simply a convenience.
  • I like the new position of the power LED.  It should be more visible and is close to the power circuit and the source jumper.
  • It was also essential that I keep the two 10uF caps (11mm high) as far away from the shield edge as possible.  They could prevent a shield from being able to be seated fully.

I'll have to cut some more copper clad blanks before I can build another prototype.  I'm a little tired of building right now so I will concentrate on using the boards for some projects that I have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment