Monday, May 25, 2015

Full News

Sorry for the sparsness of the recent posts.

I am going to try writing in a text editor first so I can really spend the time to say what I need to.  I mean... what kind of a useful blog can I have when all the entries have little content?  But I digress... On to the post.

Tiny Hawk Quadcopter

I finally reached the pinnacle of my newbiness a couple of days ago when I learned how to calibrate the gyros on the Hubsan X4 H107C.  I did this on my Tiny Hawk and guess what?  The bird flies like a dream now.  What was that... three months of complaining and lamenting how lame the Hubsan flight control board was... and all I needed to do was calibrate the board... just once.  Now I think the ability to fly it are only limited by my skills.  So I pratice.  When I can.

I say that because in the last couple of days I have had to replace the two port side motors.  They just basically stopped working.  I opened one of them up and saw that one of the contact brushes had worn and broken.  Other than that, the motor was pretty simple and generally robust.  It's a shame that better brushes can't be designed that would last as long as the rest of the motor.  Like a chains weakest link, the motor is only as reliable as its weakest part.

Anyway, I had motors that I was planning on using for another quadcopter, so I used those to replace the motors.  Luckily I have not seen any balance issues between the old motors and the new ones.  Who knows, I might end of replacing the right side soon enough.




FPV Rig

Another great discovery was that my EasyCap device came with a faulty/inadequate USB extension cable.  I was having so many issues capturing the FPV video that I almost dug out the VCR!  But like I said, once I got rid of the cable it worked like a charm.





Here is a short sample capture...




Walkera Devo 7E Transmitter with DeviationTX

Like someone had granted one of my wishes, I discovered this great combination of hardware and software hacking that makes the dream of the *One Transmitter To Control Them All* possible.  The DeviationTX community has an active membership with new models being looked at all the time.

More on this later... so check it out.

     http://www.deviationtx.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment