Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Second - The FPV Rig

The second part of my project includes the building of an FPV rig that I could attach to the quadcopter that I had built.

Here is that diagram again about how I wired it.


And in the end, here is what I had built...




I mounted it on some foamboard, but should have found something thinner.  Anyway, I power the FPV rig from a separate battery for now.  It adds significantly more weight but is convenient for testing.  I will have to research a compact and lite solution for filtering the motor noise when I choose to use one battery.

The total cost of the rig is about... $35.
  • Camera $18
  • Voltage Regulator $6
  • AV Transmitter $11
Of course with a $19 AV Receiver the price goes up to $44, but is still inexpensive.


Camera

  • 170 Degree Field of Vision
  • Runs on as low as 3.3 volts (so can run directly from 1S)
Voltage Regulator
  • Polulu Step-Up/Step-Down 3.3V Reglator
  • Really just needed a 3.3V stepdown
Video Transmitter
  • TX5823 Operating on the BOSCAM bands
  • Runs off of 3.3V
  • 200mw
Video Receiver
  • RC805
  • Runs off of 5-12V
  • Two Video Outs (2.5mm 4-pole plugs)



No comments:

Post a Comment