Monday, October 24, 2016

Introducing the ESP Widget

Well after much wrangling with the firmware code, I finally have a version that seems to be stable.  With this milestone out of the way, I feel it is time to show you my latest work.  I call it the ESP Widget.




It's a small USB-powered device that constantly retrieves information via Wifi and displays it on a small OLED screen.  It is built around a Wemos D1 Mini ESP8266 board and runs an application written in MicroPython.

Here is the actual schematic for all of the connections:


The case was 3D printed of course, which was designed in OpenSCAD.




It was a tight fit, and the wiring was a bit tricky, but with some tweezers it seemed to work fine,




The final piece of the puzzle was the firmware to make it work.  I will make another post about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment