Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mid-Weekend Update

Well as Saturday comes to a close, I have some time too put down my thoughts.  

I have spent some time with my Metaboard Redux design... putting in the missing power supply.  Here is the first revision...



It's not that different, so I have held off on constructing it just yet.  Here are some outstanding issues...

  • Placement of the programming jumper.  It can be moved closer to the chip and freeing up the area by the USB connector.
  • Lowering the reset button to be aligned with the component array.
  • Both power sources are routed through the two filtering capacitors.
    • I have not had any problems not using the filtering caps
    • I could the make the power supply completely independent and therefore optional
  • The two LED are optional (done).
  • The Reset signal is not wired in the headers (oh well!?!)
  • Nice to have an ICSP header in the empty space (optional of course)
  • Data disconnect for the two USB data pins
So I still have some work to do!





No comments:

Post a Comment