Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Next Steps

So what's next?  I have a shipment of parts due Thursday that should contain the last batch of Attiny85 chips.  I have two extra and I think I may make two more ELF Tags.  For whom?  I don't know.  Maybe nobody.

Anyway, I have all these USB connectors and sound buzzers.  What should I do with them?  I guess I should consider what other parts I have as well.  Like these...


  • Light-Dependent Resistors
  • 5V-110V Relays
  • Real-Time Clock
  • LM386 OP-Amps

Oh well, at least I am not out a bunch of money!  

Fidget News

I created a new "starter" video for those guys that got a Fidget Micro-controller.


It's not very good at all, but at least it will help the guys get started.

OSI News

I also designed a new comm board for the OSI MIcro-controller.  Here it is compared to the old one...




The differences to note:

  1. Using a through hole version of the USB Mini connector
  2. Added a disconnect for the USB data lines
Although the disconnects make the board more complex to put together, it adds a valuable utility... allowing USB to just power the board.  This is great because you don't have to have a battery handy to develop and test sketches.  I use a Double-Pole Double-Throw latching switch but leave a set of poles open (using it effectively as a Double-Pole Single-Throw switch). Gee I hope that makes sense.




No comments:

Post a Comment