Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Printing Stuff At Last

Well, I finally fixed enough problems with my 3D printer to actually start printing some useful (and fun) objects.









My most prolific issue was slipping of the X and Y axis under high torque situations.  It turns out the grub screws for the aluminum timing gear pulley were not nearly long enough to get a tight fit against the flat of the motor shaft.  Once I used some spare M3 bolts to tighten the pulley, I was good to go.

There are so many things I need to do and try it is hard for me to keep track...


  • I need to mount a 30mm x 30mm fan under the carriage to try and cool the heat break.
  • Problem - Gunk On Small Surfaces
  • Problem - Strings!
    • I need to test out various Extrusion Widths to see if they help with the current issue I have with gunk and strings on the prints
    • I need to calibrate and tune the hot end temp and PID
  • Print duct for main fan so that it blows more directly on the print
  • Calibrate X and Y (very accurately)


No comments:

Post a Comment