Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Debugging Continues

As I try to get my 3D printer into working order, I am finding out about things I need to work on.  The first problem is the cooling of the heat break just above the hot end.  I removed all the Kapton tape that was insulating the heat break as a first step.




The next step will be to re-direct the fan air flow to be over the heat break.  Temporarily, I think I will jimmy rig an adapter that will allow me to point the fan better.

Of course, the correct fix will be to put a small fan directly blowing on the tube.

The other thing I am looking into is upgrading the firmware on the printer,  I have a Melzi board that I believe will be able to run Marlin... an up to date firmware that seems to be the most popular.





No comments:

Post a Comment