Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Here is my latest obsession. 
It's a tiny micro-controller board that I designed and built to maybe give as gifts to my geekier of friends.  I actually did not do that much, other than copy and build upon the work of others.  I have to be honest about that because it is a great environment these days to be an enthusiast of any kind.  The Internet has brought this about.  An environment of sharing and learning together. 

So what is a micro-controller?  It's basically a tiny computer that is used mainly in embedded applications such as appliances and small machines.  Instead of mainly handling information like a normal computer, a micro-controller mostly deals with turning things on and off, displaying status information and other simple tasks.

Well, that was my introduction to my little project.  More information to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment