Friday, June 6, 2014

Let's Start Using Titles

Alas, my last day of vacation is upon me and I lament the impending return to "work".  But life goes on and I must return to my livelihood.

Before that though, I wanted to put more up about my project.  First a little animated GIF to show of the main board.

I generated this through the updated 3D viewer from http://sourceforge.net/projects/kicad-3d/ and then created the GIF on this site https://imgflip.com/images-to-gif.  I really am enjoying using KiCAD to layout schematics and PCBs.

Anyway, the main board forms the "base" of the micro-controller and has three main sections...

  1. Micro-controller chip
  2. Power Supply circuit
  3. Female expansion headers

The micro-controller chip in my design is the popular Atmel Attiny85.  It is a small 8-pin chip that is actually quite powerful for it's small size.  

  • 6 Digital I/O pins
  • 4 Analog Inputs
  • 3 Analog Outputs
  • 8K Program Space
  • 512 Byte SRAM
  • 512 Byte EEPROM

The main reason I chose this was because it can behave somewhat like a "mini Arduino" which means it can leverage the huge community surrounding the larger device.  The idea is not new.  Digistump's DigiSpark and Adafruit's Trinket are based on the same chip.


No comments:

Post a Comment