Sunday, June 22, 2014

Late Nights

Well its late again and now is when I think to post.  The problem is that I am so tired by now the posts become rather lame.  I have to type this on a little bluetooth keyboard which is not terrible... but not the best for long fits of writing.

I will try to do a decent job this evening (or morning) so that the post would be worth reading.  Not that anyone would.

First news is that for my birthday I received an awesome drill press tool for my new Dremel!  It makes drilling the boards go much faster... and the quality of the work is much better.  The only thing I need more of are the recycled carbide drill bits.  I looked for them at harbor freight but was unable to find any. And now, I just encountered a time suck at ebay.com.  I think I will order from there, but will have to first check what sizes I need.  I know of at least three I will need to check.


  • Resistor leads (thinnest)
  • LED leads (medium)
  • Header Pins (largest)

I will see if I can identify these sizes based on what I have left.  Then I will search ebay again... although I liked the stuff drillman1 had.

Second item... I was able to get several boards done and even have two more sensor-sound boards left to drill and assemble later.  I will have an extra set that I can give to someone at work.  I also have the two extra boards ready for James and Carlos.  I should give them disks at that time as well.  So that is what I need to do today... burn four copies of the Fidget software.

Third item.  I am strongly considering making "bare-bones" type device that goes on a keychain.  It would basically cost less than $2 and would be personalized in the etching process.  That would be something I could actually accomplish. I could load an informational message that included a link to a zip with everything on it... including instructions on how to change the message.

So that is all for now.  I will post in several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment