Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Trials of Toner Transfer

I decided to do a couple of boards this evening and had trouble with one of them (again) in the toner transfer step.  In both cases, the toner was not totally transferred and I had to start over. Very frustrating.

It seems I had not ironed the pattern well enough so next time I will have to make sure I do a more thorough job.  Perhaps I will go out tomorrow and get that laminater after all.

On the software side, I have been working on some sort of "light alarm" sketch.  I want to utilize the features of the Sound-Sensor board which means something that uses...

  • 2 Buttons
  • 1 Buzzer/Sounder
  • 1 Light-Dependent Resistor
  • 1 Thermistor
or at least a couple of the i/o.  

So far all I have is an alarm sketch that will trigger if the light changes from a specific setpoint.  To set the setpoint, just click the inner button.  This has the double action of clearing the alarm condition and silencing the buzzing.  It works pretty well, so I will probably keep this version.

What I will work on next is a "delayed" setpoint sketch that will wait... say ten seconds before taking the "sample" light level.  This way the device can be "armed", placed in a closed container and used as an entry alarm.  You could place it in a cabinet or a drawer and sound an alarm if it is opened.

I need to try and imagine some more sketches to use the board.  I should probably work on seeing if I can calculate the actual temperature from the thermistor.  That way I could build a "comfort" alarm that could use real values such as 72-76 degrees.

Ahh I should sleep soon.  Maybe I will dream of something!  

No comments:

Post a Comment