Saturday, June 28, 2014

Weekend News

Here are some updates from this weekend so far...

I was able to figure out the problem with my Sensor Board and it was something really simple.  It seems the trimmed leads at the bottom of the sensor board were touching the tops of the pin selection headers of the Sound board.  Once I trimmed them a little more, the sensor board began reporting consistently.  Problem solved.

I finished the Lost & Found Fidget for Seth today.  I had run out of 3.6V Zener diodes, so I was waiting for my new order from Tayda to arrive.  But I found a pair that I had removed from an earlier board and they worked great.  So that leaves around 12 copies left to make for my co-workers.  I have most of the boards cut and the patterns printed, so I will begin transferring patterns en masse at some point.  I should do this so that I can etch multiple boards at a time.

One thought I had was to purchase a laminating machine for transferring the pattern to the copper-clad.  Right now I use a small iron and it does takes some time for each board.  Especially these double-sided boards.  I may look at a cheap one ($30) from an office supply outfit, to see if it is worth the purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment